Happy Sunday! I hope you’re excited for Christmas! Although my family and I don’t celebrate it, we enjoy immersing ourselves in the spirit of Christmas. We put up our Christmas tree, enjoy baked goods, stay in and watch whatever that’s on TV. Nothing too exciting but spending time together is what matters the most.
This year, we won’t be able to do a proper Christmas celebration as we’ll be moving. Lots of cleaning, packing and unpacking. Not my favorite part of moving but at least once that’s all done, we can enjoy living in a clean and beautiful space.
Nevertheless, I’ve been slowly getting into the Christmas celebration mood by visiting Christmas markets and watching Christmas-y movies on Netflix. While others tend to choose movies that are family friendly (with happy endings of course), I like to go for something that’s unpredictable. Yesterday, I decided on Hector. The story follows a homeless Scotsman’s journey to London, where Hector spends his Christmas in a shelter. On his way there, Hector attempts to reconnect with the family he left behind for 15 years. This short film won’t leave you feeling bubbly but it’ll make you reflect on a number of things, among them include:
- If you have a place to live, a family and friends, you’re incredibly lucky. You don’t need more.
- Everyone has their own struggles to deal with. The truth is, sometimes they’re in such a messed up state that they just don’t know what to do. If they made a bad choice, be the bigger person and forgive.
- Kindness never hurt no one. Do what you can to help those in need, whether it’s volunteering, donating money or clothes. Instead of spending money on things you want (but don’t need), spend them on people who need it to stay alive.
Are there any Christmas movies you’ve watched that strike a chord in your heart? What did you learn from it? I’d love some recommendations from you!
Before November comes to a close, I want to share some articles I came across while clearing out my ridiculously long list of bookmarked sites.
- I believe both men and women struggle with being assertive at work. Believe it or not, it’s a skill that everyone can learn to strengthen! Here’s how.
- At some point we’ve seen fashion designers merge art into their collection. This article by Fashion Revolution explores a humanitarian turned designer and photographer’s desire to create pieces that allow her to share the culture, identity, history, architecture and nature from her country.
- Something to feast your eyes on! Check out British-Liberian artist’s unconventional work, which fuses 24- karat gold, digital enhancement and age old gilding techniques to create art that’s truly captivating.
- What motivates employees more: Rewards or Punishment?
- A few weeks ago, I came across the phrase archival fashion but I don’t have a firm grasps on what it means. Learn all about it here.
- How to be fashionable and reduce environmental impact at the same time? The Nu Wardrobe is the answer to your question.
- Looking for a pair of eco-friendly sneakers? Here are some brands you need to know right now.
- In this interview with Eugenie Kelly, Gritty Pretty discovers the future of beauty from the Deputy Editor of Harper’s BAZAAR Australia.
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and I’ll see you here again soon!