Salut! How’s everyone doing? Did you have a nice weekend?
Last Friday, I decided to have dinner with my Tae Kwon Do friends after being missing in action for almost 6 months. I’m glad that everyone still remembers me and we’d talk as if I’ve been around. We did a quick recap on what we’re currently up to, debated on whether to get fried chicken with bones, talked about the price of flight tickets, discussed who gets the last few pieces of chicken when everyone was showing symptoms of food coma and dealt with a minor case of miscommunication. I have to say, it feels good to be back.
On Saturday, the committee organized an annual party for the Tae Kwon Do club members. We had a lovely lunch at Han Guuk Guan and went straight to K Box for a karaoke session. I didn’t pick songs for myself because they were too many to choose from. I ended up just singing along to every song that I know. When Hey Ya! by OutKast came on, we all went a little crazy. It’s an old song but it’s so fun!
Oh, R and I also watched Swiss Army Man, The Nice Guys and the latest Jason Bourne movie over the weekend. Swiss Army Man is one of the WEIRDEST movie I’ve seen. Then again, I like interesting and wacky movies. They make good conversations, they represent creative thinking at its finest (it depends), they make you ponder and they’re unpredictable. There’s nothing worse than realizing that you figured out the whole film even before it ends. Is it just me or do you all agree?
Anyway, tell me about your weekend and enjoy the links I’ve gathered for your reading pleasure:
- Written by Alexander Shulman herself, the editor of British Vogue invites you to take a glimpse into her life and discover the history of the magazine empire. If you like fashion, I think you’ll enjoy this!
- I don’t know much about press photography but Professor Sally Young (from the School of Social and Political Sciences, University of Melbourne) did a great job in explaining how press photos were taken and how they influence ideas held by the public.
- Chocolate lovers, here’s one for you! Learn how ultrasound can aid the process of chocolate making and prevent wastage in the future.
- One of my goals is to read as much as I can but sometimes it seems impossible to do so. Then I found Claire Diaz-Ortiz. She’s well versed in business, she maintains a blog, she’s an author and a speaker, she teach others how to be more productive…you get the picture. She’s a busy individual and yet she managed to read about 100+ books last year (her goal for 2016 is 200). Want tips on how to read more? Take it from the master!!
- Immersing yourself in a quiet environment can do you good and this trend is taking over the world.
- The Museum of Broken Relationships anyone?
- You got your dream job but you dread going to work. You find yourself thinking about the side project that you’ve been working on for the past few months. Read what Trent Hamm has to say about The Myths and Realities of ‘Doing What You Love’.
- Who would’ve known that a king could have so much influence on a country’s fashion industry?
- Behavioral science attempts to explain how Trump became the 45th president of the U.S.
- Is it possible that nature changes according to our routines?