No, I won’t be talking about Meg Wolitzer’s book or anything else that relates to it (though it does look like an interesting read).
In the first half of October, I have gathered some links to articles that are either fascinating or helpful. They are usually bookmarked because I want to have a selection of topics to choose from when I decide on the content for my next blog post. Sure, I can expand and write about all of them, but I feel that it is better to choose one article that really excites or move me emotionally.
These other interestings didn’t make the cut. Nevertheless, they are worth mentioning:
- I have heard so many people complain about not having enough time to eat healthily or read (I’m guilty of this one). Maybe Nicola Appleton can help you change this?
- Have 5 minutes to spare? Read about the changes in a human’s brain and body during a digital detox.
- I know we all suffer from this – comparing our lives with somebody else’s. Stop listening to your peers!
- If you’re currently doing internships, the tips and advises shared on My Interning Life could be helpful for you. Start by learning how to be the best intern.
- These two articles from my alma mater really taught me a thing or two about dogs and cats.
- Where do you spritz your favorite perfume?
- If you like taking long trips on a train, maybe this one will inspire you to pack your bags and hop on one soon.
- Not your average eye candy.
- I’m sure you’ve heard of the TV program called Shark Tank? If not, check out the interesting inventions put forward by former contestants.
- I personally really like this one by i-D; when passion is prioritized over one’s safety.
Now, I’ll leave you with a list of things I noticed while I was paying attention in the digital world:
- Someone left a quarter of a watermelon on a tram stop bench. Still nicely wrapped in plastic.
- R told me there are rabbits loitering around the Royal Park but I thought it was quite unlikely as it is located close to buildings and the main roads. Last Monday, I finally saw one on my walk back home.
- A family of four busy getting on with their lives in a campervan (which makes me wonder if I will ever get the chance to travel in one soon).
- A Caucasian child in a pram spoke Mandarin with her grandfather. I was really surprised but I soon understand when I had a look at her guardian.
- Pokémon Go is no longer on everyone’s phone screen.
Have a great Monday and I hope you enjoy going through the links!